Feb 8th, 2017 by insideeducation
Presented and produced by Seán Delaney.
This week I speak to Professor Janette Bobis from the University of Sydney where she is Professor of Mathematics Education and Research Director for the Sydney School of Education and Social Work. During the interview we discuss the following topics:
- Student engagement in mathematics
- Motivating children to be interested in mathematics
- How she became interested in mathematics education
- What research teaches us about how children learn mathematics
- Her approach to educating future teachers
In the course of the interview she referred to videos about teaching that are available from the University of Washington's website. Here is a link to those videos: http://tedd.org/mathematics/ (and not the ones I initially thought: https://www.youtube.com/user/uwcoe/videos).