Presented and produced by Seán Delaney.
On this week's programme I speak to Dr. Marco Snoek from Hogeschool van Amsterdam in the Netherlands. Dr. Snoek is an expert on Teacher Education and in the course of our interview the following matters are discussed:
- His studies in physics and how they influence his work as a teacher educator
- The association of Dutch Teacher Educators. http://www.lerarenopleider.nl/velon/
- The abrupt change from being a student teacher to being a teacher with full responsibilities
- The isolation of teachers
- Problems with the structure of teaching as a career and the place of professional development.
- School culture and the role of leadership (not just the principal) within the school
- How research and practice can interact in the teaching profession.
- What he would change in his current institution.